W 7 – School and Community Risk Factors
For this assignment, create a paper discussing the social and cultural factors in the school and community that increase the likelihood some youth will engage in problem behaviors (Cyber-bullying and predator luring).
Discuss how these influences can be addressed by you as a leader in the field of human behavior and by various participating systems.
Continue to integrate the information from your course text (Berns, R. M. (2016). Child, family, school, and community: Socialization and support. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. ISBN: 9781305088979).and other readings to create a paper discussing the biological, social, and cultural factors that influence the youth of today.
For this assignment, include the following:
• Analyze the social and cultural factors in the school that increase the likelihood youth will engage in problem behavior (for example, academic failure, bullying, et cetera).
• Analyze the social and cultural factors in the community that increase the likelihood youth will engage in problem behavior (for example, poverty, high crime rates, et cetera).
• Assess any diversity and multicultural considerations that may impact your work with youth affected by these characteristics in school and community settings.
• Evaluate these social and cultural factors and how they can be addressed by the various participating systems (family, school, community). Examples include anti-bullying programs within the school and community, encouraging parents to get more involved within the school, programs targeting crime rate reduction, et cetera.
• Evaluate these conditions and how you, as a leader in the human behavior field, can address them.