You are a consultant working on a project for ABC Company. They are undergoing an organizational restructuring and all employees will need to deal with some degree of task process changes. One of your jobs on this project is to assist in leading change. Describe your approach to leading change, as well as the psychological processes of the employees undergoing this change.
There are 8 Steps
1. Create-a sense of urgency.
2. Pull together the team. Build a guiding coalition
3. Communicate to understanding and buy in. Form a strategic vision and initiatives
4. Empower others to act. Enlist a volunteer army
5. Enable action by removing barriers
6. Generate. Produce short term units.
7. Don’t let up. Sustain acceleration
8. Create-a new culture. Institute change.
Sara= Shock anger rejection acceptance
The rational approach to organizational change
c= D x M x P > R
D = Dissatisfaction with status quo
M = Model; leaders vision of the future
P = Process; developing and implementing plan; change strategy
R = Resistance; people resisting the change
C = Amount of change
•The D x M x P is a multiplicative function. A value of 0 in one category will result in no change.
•To increase the amount of change, leaders can increase level of dissatisfaction, clarify vision, develop a clear plan for success, or decrease resistance.
The components of Organizational alignment
Vision – strategic goals
Capabilites- technical leadership
culture- norms shared values
systems- accounting, sales, hr, it
structure. span of control, team composition, hierarchy