You will need to research a luxury brand and its branding strategy, looking at the evolution, identify challenges and current issues.
Student will select a brand among the following ones:
– Mary Katrantzou – London based independent designer
– Stella Mc Cartney – London based Kering Group designer
• selection of the brand ( mary katrantzou or stella mc cartney)
• draft of notes on the selection of the brand
• draft of the methods of research – which primary, which secondary research will you be conducting?
• objectives of your primary research ?- what are you planning to explore in the survey, for the assignment.
• Competitor analysis-POPs and PODs researched and drafted in notes
• research on the brand architecture and brand personality
The report should contain the following sections:
Table of contents
Students will conduct a thorough analysis of the current brand including:
• Pen portrait and competitor analysis
• Brand inventory
♣ Heritage and History (Equity)
♣ Brand elements
♣ Brand Identity Logo
♣ Logo Colour
♣ Icons and Prints
♣ Competitor analysis-POPs and PODs
♣ Brand DNA
♣ Brand Personality
♣ Brand identity
♣ Brand architecture
♣ Brand leverage
♣ Brand positioning
• Brand exploratory
• Brand equity
√ Students will make recommendations based on the conclusions of the brand analysis, supported by a rationale.
√ Students will need to develop a brand strategy including the use of the brand equity pyramid.
√ Here students will outline the brand deliverables such as the branding elements, touch points and communications.