* Below is a list of poets (topics) from different poetic movements and schools.
* Each student has to choose only one topic and write a research paper about it.
* Students must understand the topic so they can provide a critical opinion regarding its form and content.
· Students will have to critically analyze the chosen topic.
· The assignment must balance between a personal critical point view, concerning a specific critical domain, and a scholarly reference.
· Once students make their choice of the topic, critic and theory, they need to remain focused on their choice through a clear thesis statement and a strong controlling idea.
* Provide both direct and paraphrased quotes from the secondary sources that you found.
* The assignment should not exceed 2,500 words and not be less than 350 words. 6pages.
* The assignment must follow the MLA format of writing. Out line for the research paper .
* Language is given 40% of the total grade.
* Visit the CWE for help with language; make sure you book your appointment at least a week prior to the due date.
* Students must include scholarly and critical references (both direct quotes and paraphrasing).
* Sparknotes and Wikipedia are not scholarly references. Visit the CWE and take a copy of the scholarly references tip sheet.
* Plagiarism will not be tolerated and the student will get a zero on her assignment.
* Students must submit their assignment on the due date. Each late day will cost one point.
* Assignments must be submitted via LMS and a hard copy must also be provided for feedback.
Robinson Jeffers (1887-1962)
Dorothy Parker (1893-1967)
John Ashberry (b. 1927)