Watch the Frontline documentary Living Old (link posted in Content and below).
I recommend that you take notes as you watch the film.
After watching, write a 1-2 page essay in which you address the following:
- Explain at least three of the main ideas presented in the documentary
- Include at least three specific facts mentioned in the film
- Describe your reactions to the film. (What were your thoughts, feelings, what surprised you, what moved you, etc)
- Describe how the film has influenced your view of growing older
- Describe at least one thing that needs to change to address this looming crisis.
Essays will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- All five bullet points are addressed
- Each bullet point is clearly, thoroughly, and accurately explained in the student’s words
- Essay demonstrates a clear understanding of the main ideas of the documentary
- Essay is well written in essay format, is well organized, and contains minimal writing errors (minimal mistakes in grammar, spelling, and punctuation).