informatics SDLC (system development life cycle )
Discuss the following
1. Reflect on the SDLC (system development life cycle ) in relation to the quality of the organizational decision making throughout the project. What are some of the major stumbling blocks faced by health care organizations?
2. You are a member of a team that has been asked to evaluate a prototype PDA-based application for calculating drug dosages. Based on what you know about usability testing, what kind of test (or tests) might you do and why?
3. Is there a human-technology interface that you have encountered and you think needs improving? If you were to design a replacement, which of the analysis techniques you read about would you choose? Why?
4. What do you perceive as the current obstacles to redesigning workflow within your clinical settings?
5. Is the workflow surrounding technology usage providing the organization with the data they need to make decisions and eventually meet meaningful use criteria?
6. How does current educational preparation need to change to address the skills necessary to perform workflow analysis and redesign clinical processes?
McGonigle, D. & Mastrian, K. G. (2015). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (3rd ed.). Burlington: Jones & Bartlett Learning: Chapters 10, 12, 14