A large amount of the homeless population also suffers from mental illness. The purpose of this assignment is to analyze characteristics and health concerns for the homeless population in regards to mental illness.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper addressing the following criteria:
- Discuss the prevalence of mental illness among the homeless population.
- Describe the challenges patients face when dealing with mental illness and being homeless.
- Describe the challenges the community faces in providing care for the homeless and mentally ill.
- Describe the availability of resources to provide for the homeless and mentally ill.
- Describe how the Christian worldview can be integrated to serve the homeless and mentally ill.
- Describe how the health care provider can be nonjudgmental and ethical while providing access to care for this population.
Support your writing with three to five scholarly peer-reviewed resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance