Read “The Fred Factor” by Mark Sanborn. Write a book review/report about the reading. Your report should be double-spaced and in 12-point font. Please provide the review in report form, not in a numbered question-answer format. There is no specific page requirement, but your review should thoughtfully address all of the items below. (I would expect this to take a minimum of 2-3 pages, but length greatly depends on writing style. The grade on this assignment will be based on a clear summary of book concepts, thoughtful reflection, and discussion of items below, not “length” of written assignment.)
All original work, no plagiarism
Must write answers/responses to the following questions based on principals 1 through 6 and how the profession of pharmacy for a pharmacist pertains to it:
1. Patient advocacy – The graduate is able to represent the patient’s best interests.
2. Interprofessional collaboration – The graduate is able to actively participate and engage as a healthcare team member by demonstrating mutual respect, understanding, and values to meet patient care needs.
3. Self-awareness – The graduate is able to examine and reflect on personal knowledge, skills, abilities, beliefs, biases, motivation, and emotions that could enhance or limit personal and professional growth.
4. Leadership – The graduate is able to demonstrate responsibility for creating and achieving shared goals, regardless of position.
5. Innovation and entrepreneurship – The graduate is able to engage in innovative activities by using creative thinking to envision better ways of accomplishing professional goals.
6. Professionalism – The graduate is able to exhibit behaviors and values that are consistent with the trust given to the profession by patients, other healthcare providers, and society.
Read the book here í https://books.google.com/books?id=-gD1ncjYYs4C&lpg=PP1&dq=fred%20factor&pg=PA133#v=onepage&q&f=false
part of it –> https://files.tyndale.com/thpdata/FirstChapters/978-1-4143-6220-5.pdf
another part of it –> https://books.google.com/books?id=3G3EgklDLsQC&lpg=PP1&dq=fred%20factor%20full%20book%20pdf&pg=PT11#v=onepage&q&f=false
Heres a guide to help answer questions in a way that incorporates this book and its concepts í http://www.marksanborn.com/audio/fred-factor-teacher.pdf
**THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION POINTS THAT WILL NEED TO BE ADDRESSED IN THIS BOOK REVIEW/ANALYSIS:
” Describe characteristics of “Fred” that make him extraordinary. What is your opinion of “Fred”? Do you think “Fred” is a real person? Does your opinion of “Fred” change as you read through the book? If so, how and why do you think this?
” Describe a “real life Fred” you know or have known. What characteristics make this person a Fred? How has this person made an impact on your life?
” Discuss the Four Fred Principles and describe ways you can implement these principles in the workplace or how implementing these principles will make you a better pharmacist.
” Are you a “Fred”? Do you want to be a “Fred”? Why or why not? Use the “Fred Report Card” to self-reflect on your own characteristics and behaviors and develop a plan for becoming more “Fred-like”.
” Discuss strategies for developing “other Freds”. How can you help encourage “Fred-like” behavior in the workplace? How might these behaviors change customer and employee satisfaction?
****Remember to relate all questions/discussion topics back to the profession of pharmacy. Think like a pharmacist that is a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.****