Read/review the following resources for this activity:
The military controls many of the intelligence assets in the current Intelligence Community as well as the largest chunk of the budget.
For your initial post, consider if it makes sense for the military to have as great an influence on the intelligence that it has. Given the competition, what other offices or departments might also be an influence?
Read postings provided by your instructor or fellow students. Read and respond to the conclusions drawn by your classmates. Remember to read the feedback to your own major postings and reply throughout the week.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA format, provide at least one citation with corresponding references page and use appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept for the initial post.
Grading and Assessment
Meeting the minimum number of posting does not guarantee an A; you must present an in-depth discussion of high quality, integrate sources to support your assertions, and refer to peers’ comments in your secondary posts to build on concepts.
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric.
Learning Outcome(s): 1, 2, 5
1. Assess the theoretical effectiveness of intelligence and covert action with regard to analyzing governmental structure and national security policy.
2. Identify geographic location of nation/states.
5. Examine the history and structure of U.S. intelligence.