Individual Learning Project 2 Instructions
Contemporary Management Technique Research Paper
Based on your evaluation of an organization or a segment of an organization in Individual Learning Project 1, select 1 contemporary management technique (listed in the Blocher et al. text) not currently being implemented in the organization/segment that could aid the organization/segment in achieving its critical success factors (CSFs).
Using the electronic databases provided by the Jerry Falwell Library (https://www.liberty.edu/library/) and other sources, search for journal articles in professional, peer-reviewed accounting and business journals that pertain to the contemporary management technique chosen.
Write a research paper in current APA format. The paper must be 11–13 double-spaced pages, with 1-inch margins and current APA pagination. The font must be 12-point Times New Roman. The paper must include references from at least 7 different sources. Be sure to include a title page and a reference page in addition to the essay pages. The title page and the reference page do not count as part of the 11–13-page length requirement.
The paper must address the following in order:
- Rationale for the contemporary management technique selected
- In-depth analysis of the technique, in which you fully describe the technique, its implementation process, its application by other organizations, its applicability to your organization/segment, and your plan for implementation
- Avoid using first and second person (e.g., “I,” “we,” “you,” etc.).
- You must reference a minimum of your textbooks and 5 additional scholarly sources. Wikipedia, Investopedia, and the like are not considered scholarly sources and should not be used. Any use of these sources will be grounds for a 50-point deduction.
- Any personal communication should be cited appropriately within the text; however, citations of personal communication are not needed for the reference section.
- An abstract and table of contents are not needed.
- The final assignment must be submitted via the SafeAssign submission link.
See the grading rubric for more information concerning the point breakdowns.
REQUIRED RESOURCE PURCHASES
Blocher, E. J., Stout, D. E., Juras, P. E., & Cokins, G. (2019). Cost management: A strategic emphasis (8th ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill. (This required resource has been provided in this course as an e-book). However, if the student prefers a physical copy of the book, he or she may purchase it through the Liberty University Online bookstore, MBS Direct. The purchase of the physical copy of the textbook is optional.
Hicks, M. (2010). Accounting for decision making: A study guide. Roanoke, VA: Synergistics. ISBN: 9781934748077.
Disclaimer: The above resources provide information consistent with the latest research regarding the subject area. Liberty University does not necessarily endorse specific personal, religious, philosophical, or political positions found in these resources.
American Psychological Association. Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (Current ed.). Washington, DC: Author.